Thursday, November 04, 2004

Jesus is the answer?

I saw a bumper sticker yesterday that got me thinking, on what was my day of mourning for my country. It said "Jesus is the answer". My immediate thought "was "what is the question?". Since it is stated so boldly, that Jesus is the answer, one must presume that Jesus is the answer to all questions, regardless of subject.

Well this is really cool, a single amswer to all possible questions in the world. That is rather simplistic and naive to say the least. All I can say that folks who go through the world with such a simplistic and brainless attitude are in trouble. I will state categorically that Jesus is not the answer. He is not fixing world hunger, creating world peace (which is an idle dream of course), he is not stopping our bible punching president from destroying out environment, he is not stopping people from robbing, raping, killing and generally behaving in unsocial ways.

The issues are much greater than such a simple minded view. The more I see what many people view as their philosophy and world view, the more I understand why we are in so much trouble around the world. So many people now have this religious based simplistic answer to all their issues, so that do not actually give real thought to the issues, they just slap a slogan on the question and ignore it.

Yes, my friends, Jesus is not the answer to all question, not by a long shot.

1 comment:

Cube said...

That post was incredible.