Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Split winter

I am visiting my second home at present, Minneapolis, Minnesota. It is quite a change from Texas, especially as we creep into Winter. After dinner I went for a walk as I usually do every evening. I suspect most of the locals thought me crazy. Seeing a person going for a walk, when they are all wrapped up in their wollies and coats, snug in the cars and homes. Well I like the cold. It is invigorating, refreshing and gets the blood cursing through your body. As winter ramps into full swing the difference will become extreme, but the ability to live in both the mild so called winter of Texas, and the real winter of Minnesota will be a great experience.
The other great part of traveling to another state in the US is hearing another point of view. Minneapolis is split down the middle when it comes to felling a Bush or voting for Kerry (of sorry that is not a choice, but you know what I mean), so you actually hear a lot of people talking about the issues, instead of spouting the fear and rhetoric of the extreme right. This is refreshing, just like the weather, a burst of cool air, it clears the cobwebs and brings in a fresh point of view.

No comments: