Wednesday, December 03, 2003

The morning is cool and clear. I saw a great place to photograph on Sunday while driving. Not far so I can go back and investigate. An old farm house that is dilapidated and collapsing amongst trees and a large field. I will need permission to go onto the property, but it looks like a rich topic for photographs, especially black and white.

Driving along the back roads in central Texas can be both depressing and pleasing, but not beautiful or breathtaking. So many farms being run to the ground. People struggling to survive. The endless battle of survival, especially for those that live off the land. It has not changed in centuries, just the stakes are higher now. Farming is expensive and high risk. One major crop failure and you can be bankrupt. I am also depressed by the lack of caring for nature I see around me. We have lost the balance of living with nature, instead we exploit and take and destroy. Very few try to live in balance and harmony with nature.

No comments: